IJPM will co-sponsor a Supreme Court Term Preview lecture and panel on October 20, 2017 in the College of Law’s Melanie Gray Courtroom.
1:30 to 1:35 p.m. Welcome and Introduction; Dean Craig Boise
1:35 to 2:35 p.m. “When elections matter: The Supreme Court, the Scalia vacancy, and the 2016 election” Amy Howe, SCOTUSblog, Reporter and Former Editor
2:35 to 2:45 p.m. Short Break
2:45 to 4:15 p.m. Panel Discussion: “Supreme Court Preview: 2017-2018 Term”
Moderator: Keith Bybee, Vice Dean and Paul E. and Hon. Joanne F. Alper ’72 Judiciary Studies Professor of Law
- Amy Howe, SCOTUSblog, Reporter and Former Editor
- Hon. Rosemary Pooler, Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- William Wiecek, Chester Adgate Congdon Professor of Public Law and Legislation Emeritus
- Lauryn Gouldin, Associate Professor of Law
- Andrew Kim, Associate Professor of Law
During the Fall 2017 semester, IJPM is once again offering an interdisciplinary course for undergraduates. For details, visit the Elements of Law course page.